Network Director, IoT, FlexMaster & ZonePlanner
Ruckus IoT Modules are Radio or Radio-and-Sensor devices that connect to a Ruckus IoT-Ready AP to enable endpoint connectivity based on standards such as Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE), ZigBee and LoRa.
Review all Ruckus IoT product offerings and descriptions on our corporate page Here.
The Ruckus Network Director (ND) is application software, which targets an "on-premise" deployment model and establishes a level above Ruckus SmartZone (SZ) controllers, in order to manage the entire Ruckus Network in large scale multi-cluster infrastructures. The Network Director incorporates network inventory and access point registration components into a single application User Dashboard Interface. Network Director helps to improve network operations efficiency through an extensive feature set including:
- a single pane screen with network health monitoring across multiple SZ clusters, which provides network wide and node specific visibility.
- detailed network inventory, including network nodes and licenses, which helps to plan necessary network extensions and upgrades.
- access points' movement by one or in bulk between SmartZone controllers.
- customer driven access point registration rules and ability to park AP on a particular SZ cluster automatically, which solves problems of bulk AP roll-outs by non-experienced technicians.
- cluster backup scheduling managment.
Network Director brings Ruckus customers a useful set of tools for improvment of their day-to-day operations of the Ruckus Network.
The Ruckus FlexMaster (FM) Management System is a fully-featured, intuitive, and complete, Linux-based managed service platform for configuration, fault detection, audit, performance management and optimization of hundreds of thousands of remote Smart Wi-Fi APs or Smart Wireless LANs (WLANs) from a single point. It provides a unique collection of automated and customized facilities not found in other management platforms such as an automated and customized super dashboard, trending reports and customized graphs, detailed client data for planning and troubleshooting and comprehensive events management.
Ruckus ZonePlanner (ZP) is a Wi-Fi RF simulation tool which integrates Ruckus Wireless Access Point antenna patterns with the industry-leading AirMagnet planning software. ZonePlanner is ideal for designing Ruckus AP deployments and estimating Wi-Fi coverage before the physical installation. With ZonePlanner, network managers can more easily and accurately plan, design, deploy and manage Ruckus Smart WLAN networks in any indoor environment. The latest antenna patterns are provided in this knowledge base article link.