Secure WISPr Hotspot setup
SummaryWhat is required to deploy a secure Hotspot on ZoneDirector and the setup for it.
QuestionHow do I setup a Ruckus Secure Hotspot (WiSPr) with Captive Portal for Zero-IT/DPSK on ZoneDirector?
Customer EnvironmentZD with Hotspot (WiSPr) with Captive Portal for Zero-IT/DPSK
Troubleshooting StepsHotspots are inherently not secure due to lack of encryption.
Secure Hotspot technology introduced by Ruckus Wireless addresses this issue through Zero-IT technology.
Zero-IT allows the user to download a passphrase specific to the client.
ResolutionHere is what is required to setup a secure hotspot:
1. A web portal server to host the login page and related scripts
2. An authentication server (such as a AAA server) to validate the login accounts
3. ZoneDirector running on v9.5 firmware or above
4. ZoneFlex APs managed by a ZoneDirector
5. Wireless client devices such as smartphones, tablets, or laptops
Detailed instructions can be found in the Secure Hotspot configuration guide downloadable from :
Links in the document above no longer exist. Scripts to run the portal login logic can be downloaded from :
Attachment 1Secure Hotspot README.pdf