Secure WISPr Hotspot setup
SummaryWhat is required to deploy a secure Hotspot on ZoneDirector and the setup for it.
QuestionHow do I setup a Ruckus Secure Hotspot (WiSPr) with Captive Portal for Zero-IT/DPSK on ZoneDirector?
Customer EnvironmentUser would like to provide secure Internet access to WiFi hotspot users.
Troubleshooting StepsHotspots are inherently not secure due to lack of encryption.
Secure Hotspot technology introduced by Ruckus Wireless addresses this issue through Zero-IT technology.
Zero-IT allows the user to download a passphrase specific to the client.
ResolutionHere is what is required to setup a secure hotspot:
1. A web portal server to host the login page and related scripts
2. An authentication server (such as a AAA server) to validate the login accounts
3. ZoneDirector running on v9.5 firmware or above
4. ZoneFlex APs managed by a ZoneDirector
5. Wireless client devices such as smartphones, tablets, or laptops
Detailed instructions can be found in the Secure Hotspot configuration guide downloadable from :
Links in the document above no longer exist. Scripts to run the portal login logic can be downloaded from :
Attachment 1Secure Hotspot README.pdf