Unleashed AP getting into "founding unleashed network " state loop
SummaryTrying to set up unleashed network and every time after the initial configuration from the set up wizard is performed the AP goes into - founding unleashed network state.
QuestionWhy does the Unleashed AP get into founding unleashed network state/loop?
Customer EnvironmentUnleashed AP's with firmware 200.3
Root CauseFailing to assign proper default gateway during the initial set up from set up wizard
SymptomsUser has brand new unleashed AP's with the latest firmware 200.3 and while
trying to set up the unleashed network AP - post initial configuration from "set up wizard" AP
gets into stage displaying message:
FOUNDING UNLEASHED NETWORK AND THIS MAY TAKE FEW MINUTES
However, after some time the AP again gets into the loop of founding unleashed network.
Troubleshooting Steps1. Did a reboot of AP's - no luck
2. Checked with different model unleashed AP's - no luck
3. Upgraded/downgraded the firmware on the unleashed AP's - no luck
4. Did a hard reset on the AP's - still no luck
5. Enabled/ disabled mesh to make sure that mesh was not causing any issue.
6. Checked the configuration on the unleashed master AP for the default gateway setting and found that uder was using end user's default gateway IP address which was not reachable from their network.
7. Requested to assign a proper gateway and subnet which is reachable and then the AP was configured and working as expected.
The root cause for the Reboots was the missing Default Gateway within this isolated Network which is not reachable.
ResolutionUnleashed APs have to be able to reach the configured Default Gateway IP to work properly.
Attachment 1Unleashed founding issue.JPG
October 16, 2019 02:22 PM (over 2 years ago)
Answer Attachment 1
Unleashed founding issue.JPG