How to factory reset or factory default different type of Ruckus Access points?
SummaryArticle explains the physical and command line interface based factory reset procedure for different types of Ruckus Access Points.
QuestionHow to factory reset or factory default different type of Ruckus Access points?
Customer EnvironmentAny RUCKUS access point.
ResolutionThere are different type of Ruckus Access points and majorly categorized in below categories.
- RXX0 series (Standard Indoor)
- HXX0 series (Wall-Mounted)
- MXX0 series (Mobile Indoor)
- CXX0 series (Cable modem - Indoor Wall Mounted)
- ZoneFlex or ZFXXXX series (EOL)
- TXX0 series (Standard Outdoor)
- TXX0 series CM (Outdoor - Cable modem)
- EXX0 Series (Embedded)
- ZoneFlex or ZFXXXX series (EOL)
Reset/FD (factory default) physical button location for Indoor APs
R seriesIn R series Ruckus has many different AP models and though physical layout may look different for each AP, reset button is always located near the ethernet port or in some APs near the USB port.
One thing to note, in R series APs there will be single Reset button. Pushing the button just once and releasing it will do a restart (power cycle). Pushing and holding the button for 8 seconds or more will factory default the AP settings.
H seriesIn H series APs you will find two separate buttons. One for "Reset" (Reboot the AP) and other for Factory Default (FD).
C series (Indoor Wall Mounted)
ZoneFlex (ZF) series (EOL)All (most) older RUCKUS access points models starts with ZF has the similar physical layout as the newer access points. Just identify the type of your AP (Indoor, outdoor, Wall mounted, etc) and refer the same information given for new AP models.
Reset/FD (factory default) physical button location for Outdoor APs
T series (Standard Outdoor)You can reset the AP factory default settings by pressing the reset button behind the access plug covering the Ethernet port (PoE IN port).
Note: Your AP layout may look different but reset button is always hidden inside the PoE IN plug covering the Ethernet port for all Ruckus outdoor APs.
C series (Cable modem - Outdoor)
E Series (Embedded)
Note: Remember to replace the Torx screw covering the Reset button after use. Insert the screw and torque to 4 in-lbs.
ZoneFlex (ZF) series (EOL)All (most) older RUCKUS access points models starts with ZF has the similar physical layout as the newer access point. Just identify the type of your AP (Indoor, outdoor, Wall mounted, etc) and refer the same information give for new AP models.
Procedure for physical factory reset or hard reset.
- Identify the type of AP model from the above list.
- Find a paper clip or the clip which came with your RUCKUS AP.
- Make sure AP is power ON while you perform reset.
- To factory reset, locate the Reset (FD button for Wall Mount APs).
- Push the button with clip and hold it for 10 seconds (8 seconds are required but to make sure reset is done correctly, use 10 seconds).
- Release button and let the AP factory reset and boot.
Procedure to factory reset the AP using AP CLI
- Locate the AP IP address
- Use a terminal application like Putty and SSH into the AP IP address
- Type the AP's CLI admin username and password (this depends upon how AP is being managed)
- For ZoneDirector managed APs username password will be the same as Zone Director admin credentials.
- For Unleashed also it will be the same as your Unleashed master AP.
- For SmartZone managed APs it will be the user name password set in AP Zone's settings.
- In default state AP's default user name and password is: super/sp-admin
- Now run the commands "set factory" followed by "reboot".