Ruckus Network Director (RND)
The Ruckus Network Director (RND) is application software, which targets an "on-premise" deployment model and establishes a level above Ruckus SmartZone (SZ) controllers, in order to manage the entire Ruckus Network in large scale multi-cluster infrastructures. The Network Director incorporates network inventory and access point registration components into a single application User Dashboard Interface. Network Director helps to improve network operations efficiency through an extensive feature set including:
- a single pane screen with network health monitoring across multiple SZ clusters, which provides network wide and node specific visibility.
- detailed network inventory, including network nodes and licenses, which helps to plan necessary network extensions and upgrades.
- access points' movement by one or in bulk between SmartZone controllers.
- customer driven access point registration rules and ability to park AP on a particular SZ cluster automatically, which solves problems of bulk AP roll-outs by non-experienced technicians.
- cluster backup scheduling managment.
Network Director brings Ruckus customers a useful set of tools for improvment of their day-to-day operations of the Ruckus Network.