How do I set Country Code for ZoneDirector and the ZoneFlex APs?
SummaryCountry code on ZoneDirector and APs must match for APs to join ZD.
QuestionHow do I set Country Code for ZoneDirector and the ZoneFlex APs?
Customer EnvironmentZoneDirector and Ruckus APs
Root CauseMis-match of ZD and AP country codes, prevent APs from being able to join the ZD.
- ZoneDirectors ship with no country code settings (they have no radios).
- As part of the installation wizard, the admin configures the country code for ZoneDirector and the ZoneFlex system
- Any later configuration change to the country code on ZoneDirector will reboot all APs and will force them to go through the steps below
- ZoneFlex APs are shipped in two formats depending on the country being shipped to:
- With a fixed US country code setting to the US (fixed country code cannot be change by customers – even through factory default)
- With country code that is selectable to the country outside of the US
- When an AP tries to join a ZoneDirector the country code is being synchronized as follow:
- If the country code on the AP matches the one on ZoneDirector then the AP can join the Director
- If the country code on the AP is not the same as the one on ZoneDirector then the Director will set the country code on the AP
- If the country code setting was successful the AP will reboot and then join the Director
- If the AP has a fixed country code already set (e.g. US) then this operation will fail and the AP will not be able to join the Director. This will be logged on ZoneDirector.